Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Of Blessings, NG and TV land...

A birthday shout-out to Tita Tess, one of the most generous person I know. Happy Happy Happy Birthday Tita Tess. You're one of the many blessings in my life. [this picture was taken last year at Bellini's, Tita and Dino's belated birthday dinner treat.]

I started watching my Coupling dvd last week and watched it every night or day [whatever the time may be...heee], just finished the last episode earlier. I used to catch some episodes a few years back on StarWorld. The show aired on BBC from 2000-2004. I may not have understood some of the words they used but the show is really funny. I found myself laughing. I MISS FRIENDS!!! I'm now back to watching My Name Is Earl, I started watching it 2 weeks ago. I'm half-way through. Another funny show. I &hearts Jason Lee.
Here are a few quotes from Coupling:
  • Jane: Friendship's more lasting than love, and more legal than stalking.
  • Sally: [Trying to explain to Patrick what platonic friendship with a woman is] What do you call people you go out with but don't try to sleep with?
    Patrick: Men
  • Sally: I hate having sex at home. I've got a listening flatmate.
    Jane: Oh no, I hate those. Do you have to be really quiet for her?
    Sally: No, I have to be really loud. We're very competitive.
  • Jane: I'm being stalked, actually, so I'm pretty secure in my attractiveness.
    Susan: You're being stalked?
    Jane: Is that so hard to believe?
    Sally: My god!
    Jane: Everyday on my way home from work, a man follows me. It's true.
    Susan: Well, have you been to the police?
    Jane: They said I was being silly and paranoid. I heard them laughing after I left.
    Sally: That's terrible!
    Susan: Well, have you confronted the man who follows you?
    Jane: Well, there's no point, is there? It's never the same man twice. Sometimes they switch over when I'm halfway home. It's so well organized!
  • Steve: Look, it is not physically possible for a man to know what a woman wants. Which is very unfair. Because you always know what we want.
    Patrick: Yeah, because we always have the common decency to only ever want one thing. And do you ever thank us for making it so simple? Never.
  • Sally: Bottoms are our natural enemy... They follow us around our entire lives, right behind us, and constantly growing. How do they do that? I'm sure mine's back there secretly snacking.
  • Jane: I really quite like being single. Except for the bit about not having a man.


  • Last Sunday, I asked NG to look directly on cam and smile...he did...I captured it...he doesn't like the pic, says it's pixelized and what not, he actually doesn't like looking at pics of him...since this is my blog, I can post it...I am posting it...heee...can you see the stuff on the background? that has been there since he moved to that house...that has been months ago...and it's still there...those boxes are glued to the floor... it gets to me every time I see it on cam [weekends] but I can't do much about it...whenever [he works everyday, he has a weekend and a weekday job...] he has a dayoff, I offer that it be a dayoff for us too, so, he can put those boxed items away...but he won't have it...he'd say he'd rather talk to me than to deal with those boxes...grrrrr moment right? My vote goes to putting away those boxes. Who's with me? If only I could send her Monica Geller, I would. Hee.
  • It's the second week now that the mails with NG has been on hold. I decided on it until I get something from him that should have been in my possession months ago. That issue has resulted off moments for us. I can't explain why it's taking this long for me to have those pictures. [I'm even blogging about it NOW!!!] I love the mails, it was my decision to freeze them, and knowing him, it might take a while before we get back to having our daily dose of 20++ mails. He said it'll be fixed. He keeps saying sorry. I sometimes don't like that word anymore. He said we'll have the mails back soon. How soon is now? I don't like being sad and frustrated about those pictures but it does, unfortunately, get me that way.
  • May you all have a fine weekend. Keep the faith. God Bless.
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    aww,who is NG?