Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Funny Scary...

Since I had a not-so-good work week, I wanted to laugh and just be amused for the weekend, I did that by watching the Scary Movie series. I'm not much into horror/scary movies but since the Scary Movie series are spoofed from the real scary movies and other box-office hit movies, it was all good. I started with Scary Movie 4 Friday night, I found myself laughing. Yes, most scenes are stupid but they made me laugh. Especially, towards the last scene, where they spoofed that Tom Cruise's guesting on Oprah. THAT made me laugh. It was good to laugh. Then, Scary Movie 3 on Saturday after my chat with NG. It's fun to watch familiar movie scenes done in a comedic way. Saturday night, watched Scary Movie 2 and lastly, the first Scary Movie a.k.a. Last Summer I Screamed Because Halloween Fell on Friday the 13th and Scream If You Know What I Did Last Halloween Sunday afternoon. Among the four scary movies, I laughed the most on the fourth one. Funneee.

Capping off my weekend was a non-comedy movie in the form of Closer. It was alright. Me thinks, Natalie Portman was good in it. I like the line that she said to Jude Law's character about cheating and all: "There's a moment. There's always a moment. I can do this, I can give in to this or I can resist it." The lives of the characters in the movie are rather bitter-sweet and I pray none of the people I care about get through with that. Loving someone is a commitment. Cheating is wrong. I love the movie poster. Would be nice to have that someday. And, the song Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice is quite haunting.

  • I had a pretty okay weekend.
    Saturday: [Chatted with NG from 11am - 2pm, said byes with a phone call; had my lunch; handwashed my delicates [Ross Geller's other word for "undies]; cleaned my room, I actually just arranged my magazines, dusted off where it is needed, swept the floor; showered; ironed my clothes/watched Scary Movie 2.
    Sunday: [Chatted with NG from 10am - 12nn, ditto on the byes on the phone; and just relaxed and copied my CDs to the computer.
    How was your weekend? Hope it went fine.
  • I added a Christmas countdown thingy...it's not that far...how time flies so fast yes??? Uploaded some pix on my Friendster and Ringo account. Hee. I have more online time to do other things for a few weeks now since the mails with NG has been on hold. I missed mailing. Going on 4th week this week all because of those pictures. Frustrating but that's that. Oh well.
  • Here's to a better week ahead for you and me. Keep the faith. God Bless.
  • 3 comments:

    manonica said...

    Your blog is sooo Christmassy!

    Ain't ready for Christmas... yet. Boo to me.

    Anonymous said...

    i'm ready for Christmas, but i'm not ready for the cold weather here in Virginia. Wish I was in the Philippines with you!

    Vikkicar said...

    Jewel, once you graduate, maybe, you and Jade will get to spend Christmas here in the Philippines...who knows right? God Bless.

    Ma'am, remember last year? We even went to 168 around this time...heee..God Bless.