Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Lazy Tuesday...

Hmmm..have we changed much? I was 10 when my Tatay left for the USA to work. My Nanay went there when I was 14. They both came back home in 1995. This is a very typical family scenario here in the Philippines. The head of the family [or in some cases, it's the mother] go outside the country for work. Sad but true. As time goes by, the kids might get into trouble [drugs, alcohol, smoking and what not] for lack of parental guidance. I am grateful we turn out okay. Yes, one of us got into trouble along the way but it's all good now. We're blessed than some people. I know it and I am so grateful.


Here are some quotes from Beliefnet:
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.
    -Reinhold Niebuhr

    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.
    -Ann Landers

    Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
    -Storm Jameson

    If you really do put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.
    -Anonymous

    It is no longer good enough to cry peace, we must act peace, live peace, and live in peace.
    -Shenandoah proverb

    In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.
    -Janos Arany

    The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
    -Dorothy Nevill

    The only people to get even with are those who have helped you.
    -Anonymous

    You should not suffer the past. You should be able to wear it like a loose garment, take it off and let it drop.
    -Eva Jessye

    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt


NG will finally have a weekend off this week. Told him he should just rest and do the things that he's been putting off because of lack of time. If only he lived nearer, I could help him since my weekend is pretty much for chores anyways. Or send Monica Geller to his house no? Those boxes have been there since he moved to that house. I think, that was back in March. Each week I see them on cam, the pile is getting higher it seems. Heee.


  • I didn't do much today. Got up late since I didn't have work. Chatted with NG for a bit. Then just played some computer games. Then tried to nap around 4pm-ish. Then had dinner at Kalye Juan, it was Uncle Boss's 57th birthday. Food was yummy. Price was affordable. 11 persons and the bill was about Php2500++ me thinks.
  • Must go to bed now. Hope you have a fine rest of the week. Keep the faith. God Bless.
  • No comments: