Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Monday, December 06, 2004

Heart & Mind...

  • Faith in God becomes the antidote to fear.
  • "I believe in the sun even whe it is not shining. I believe in love even when I do not feel it. I believe in God even when He is silent."
  • When you feel forsaken, cry out, "My God, My God" as an affirmation of faith -- even in the silence.
  • Suffering is an inevitable part of life. Misfortune never leaves us where it finds us. The pain will one day cease. But what we learn in these dark experiences is our treasure forever.
  • In the middle of your trial or suffering when your life is not fair, turn to God and ask for His peace and comfort.
  • The Bible provides the needed survival strategies and tells us of the One who remains unchanging in our changing world.
  • If we allow Him, God can use the "waves" of life that beat against us to polish and beautify our souls.
  • When a crisis strikes, we need to find some quiet moments, an interval away from the confusion and noises about us. Then we can hear the still, small voice of God calling us to restoration and wholeness.
  • Today make a conscious effort to reach out and pray for a neighbor or help a friend with something --- maybe a listening ear. You can represent God to others.
  • His love has no limits, his grace has no measure,
    His power no boundary known unto men;
    For out of his infinite riches in Jesus
    He giveth and giveth and giveth again.
  • Earthly life is but the preface to our unending eternal life with God.
  • Whatever the future holds, I'm in His hands.
  • What e'er the future holds, I'm in his hands,
    The days I cannot see, have all been planned for me;
    His way is best, you see; I'm in his hands.
  • God will lift us up from being a victim to being a victor in life's struggles.
  • YOU are precious in God's eyes.
  • The Lord comes to us in the midst of our failures, fears, sorrows, and tragedies and speaks again His assuring promise, "Peace be with you."
  • Your faith in God can turn your tragedy into triumph.
  • A person who has suffered has the most to give to others. One of the best therapies in life comes from helping and encouraging someone else. This act of kindness to others lifts us out of ourselves and gives us encouragement from our comfort to others.
  • He will bring us through our difficulties. No wave is too high, no crashing breaker is too strong, and no undertow is too formidable. as we trust in God's strength, we will not go down, but through. He has brought us through, and now He will lead us on.
  • "Lord, help me to remember that nothing can happen today that You and I cannot handle together!"
  • I hope this warms your heart and mind. The following lines were the ones that got my attention while reading When Life Gets Tough by Henry Gariepy. Thanks to Miss M for giving me this particular book.
  • Have a good Tuesday. God Bless.
  • No comments: