Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

One...

Yes...made it to one. Who would have thought? Certainly not us. I've been online for years now and I didn't believe I'd be interested in having an "online" relationship [well...it's more than online now...] with someone from a place I've only heard from a song of Moonpools and Caterpillars. [the song is Jubilee if my memory serves me right...] Hmmmm. It's not easy I tell you. The distance sucks BIG TIME.

After almost 14,000 mails between us, hours and hours of real time/web cam chat during the weekend, sms chats [I need a phone that doesn't require my thumb to press those damn keys...hee], snail cards and surprise phone calls...we're one. It all started with that Pooh Friendship thingy that was sent to me and then I sent to all of the people on my YM list. Hah. I must thank my friend Kuya Denn for sending me that one.

I know...relationships that started online is frowned upon. But it's something I didn't really asked for. It just happened. I don't go into chat rooms to look for "romance" .. I get that a lot from my romantic comedies and Nic Sparks. I'm not ashamed that my relationship started online. I remember...when my good friend [Oh God Bless her generous soul...] gave me my first ever computer...she said: you might meet someone special online. Of course, when she told me that, I never really gave it much thought. I was too happy and excited having my very own computer. My own computer. Sigh. That was and still is...one of the best moments in my life. NO KIDDING. I'm getting misty-eyed just thinking about it. Sigh.

Going back to my relationship that started online. It's not easy. I don't recommend it. I really don't. We were supposed to meet back in September but that didn't happen. Will not bore you with the details. I almost gave up around that time. Thought about it. Prayed about it. Listened to what my friends had to say. Heck, I even got to talk about it myself. I know, that at this point in time...things are out there...I'm taking it one day at a time. It's getting closer. Until then, I'll continue with what we've been doing everyday. 20++ Mails. Quick chats in the morning before I go to work as he gets home from work. SMS chats when he gets up at midnight and stays til about 3am-ish. Our weekend webcam chats. The occasional phone calls and what not. It's all good so far.

It's been one happy and exciting year to say the least. I have discovered and learned things here and there. Most importantly...I added another person to pray for each and every day. It feels good when you say a prayer for someone you care about. Not specifically a significant other but in general. Because I can't look after my loved ones all the time...BUT I know...God will always be there for them. I am keeping my faith more than ever...not just for what NG and I have but for me...for me to know and understand that life is so much easier to live in if I go through with it with God by my side. I know that now. It took me years but...I'm in a much better place in my life right now. Yes, I am in a better place. NG is just an added bonus. God is good indeed.

2 comments:

manonica said...

Oh. My. GA...!

Happy anniversary to you & NG, dear! Whee!

aileen said...

time flies really fast when your in love, right? all the best to you and NG.