Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Monday, December 26, 2005

Better To Give Than To Receive...
  • Indeed. I always believed in that. It's even written on my HS yearbook. Hah. That was a surprise to me. I guess, my HS friends saw that in me no? I'm not that charitable believe me. I do have my moments. I have a few regrets where I could have given more but opted not to. Oh well. I could be selfish too. Yep, I could be if I want to. People see me as a good person, even nice...but really...I can be bad...Heee...Even I can't say that with a straight face...I sometimes want to do something "bad" so, they'd get surprised BUT I just can't do something that I might regret in the future. I just don't do something that will come back to me. Luke 6:31 is my guide in life.
  • Speaking of giving...Christmas time is the season of giving...I didn't get to buy gifts for most people. I only bought for the kiddies. My nephews Dylan, Evan, Jos, Jelo; my nieces Jannah and Jenea; and my cousins Nadine, AJ and Lyn [she's not really my cousin but we are related in some way on my Mother's side].
  • For the adults, I made them cards. Heee. Though, I kinda calculated the expenses I bought to make the cards and it would have been less work and less expenses to buy the ready-made cards but what's the fun in that no? It's the only time that I can really be a bit creative. And I still haven't finished most of the cards. I just need to write the messages. I find it a bit impersonal if you just sign your name on the card. I REALLY DO. That's a pet peeve. So far, I've only received one card this season...I'm a bit frustrated but I know a few more are on their way. It's not like I have sent most of my cards no? Heee. I'm not complaining. I'm actually thinking of asking my friends to give me a card for my birthday. Yep, I will turn 30 [yikes...how is that possible? heee] and I'm hoping for 30 cards at least. I already know who will give me cards whether I tell them to or not but I will tell my other friends just to be sure. Heee. I'm one demanding birthday girl for once.
  • This was taken Christmas Eve 2004. For some reason, we didn't get to take pictures this Christmas. Hmmm. I think, my cousins forgot to buy a film for their camera. They are thinking on buying a digicam. Yes, maybe next Christmas.
  • Here are a few quotes from Beliefnet Daily Inspirations:
      When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it’s time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly. - Edward Teller

      Talk happiness; talk faith; talk health. Say you are well, and all is well with you, and God shall hear your words and make them true. -Ella Wheeler-Wilcox

      Trouble is a part of your life, and if you don't share it, you don't give the person who loves you a chance to love you enough. -Dinah Shore

      Money is a very excellent servant, but a terrible master. -P.T. Barnum

      Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Okay, gotta end this one for now. Have to go to our client's office now. Only 3 days [well, 2 and a half now...heee] of work. Rush rush rush indeed. Quite a long New Year's weekend for everyall. NG will have his off starting Friday the 30th til January 3rd. He won a one day off with pay from a Christmas raffle. That is some raffle. Heee. I wish I have one of those.
  • Leaving you with today's prayer:
      Holy Spirit, infuse me today with Your inner strength, so that I will be ready for anything You want me to do. I let You manage me and my day as I joyfully depend on You throughout the day, expecting You to guide, to enlighten, to reprove, to teach, to use and to do in me and with me what You desire. [Proverbs 3:5-6; Philippians 4:13]
  • Thanks again for visiting. Always appreciated. Keep the faith. God Bless us always.
  • No comments: