Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Saturday, January 01, 2005

A New Year...

  • It's 13 hours ++ into the year 2005.
  • So far, I've spent 2 hours for the New Year's Eve dinner with my family.
  • 5 hours ++ online with NG. [I'll blog about him next time, I'm overwhelmed as it is. Spooked on how he's like me in so many ways. Peas in a pod, he said.]
  • 5 hours ++ sleeping peacefully.
  • Less than 30 minutes talking to an uber-hyper-not-drunk-no-sleep-yet Eee! on the phone. [She's so funny when she gets drunk, well she said she wasn't drunk. She went to Miss M's house around 2am-ish and stayed and drank her Kurant 'til lunchtime or so. She doesn't like my Vanilia. Told her, if we ever have another VS, we each have our fave flavor. Bring your own Absolut of choice. Hehehe.]
  • Now I'm back online, I've updated the Daily Bread, checked my mails from the various yahoogroups I belong to. Not so much there since it's the Holidays.
  • I'm just taking the new year in. I'm so grabbing the spoon this year. Watch me. [well, no, don't watch me...hehehe]
  • I'll try and read the bible everyday. It's the least I can do to show God how grateful I am for all the blessings that he has given me and still giving me.
  • Pray more for all the people in the world.
  • Dwell on the positive aspects on things. I know there are soooo many negatives things but there's always the flipside of it. Like, if I don't have the cash, stop the need to buy things.
  • I often tell myself, you only need food, clothing and shelter. [ok, throw in the occasional magazines and books there...and oh, CDs...hmmm...dibidis?] See? If I could just simplify my life, I'd be able to save. BUT it's so hard to change the habit of having things. I mean, these are not even expensive things. I only live up to my means. Heck, I can't even afford a DVD player.
  • If other people can live without magazines, CDs and DVDs...I think, I can live without them right? Hmmmm...or maybe, I can just choose ONE magazine to buy : JANE maybe or the special Entertainment Weekly or People Weekly editions but Vanity Fair got lots of nice images. Details, oh my hummina men. It's the new year, and I'm having a hard time choosing which magazine to buy. Hahaha.
  • For the CDs, I don't really buy often so, I think, I have that covered. Sheesh, let's not go to the concerts that are coming this year.
  • For my dibidis, I have the solution to that, since, we don't have a DVD player, I won't buy dibidis 'til we get a player. I won't pass by the dibidi place I go to on my way home from work. Hah! Well, let's see how that goes. If I see Ed, Gilmore Girls or W&G or my other fave shows in there...I'm so gonna get those if I have the extra moolah. Bad bad bad. I should stop the Q-tip when there's resistance...
  • Temptation. You. Suck. Big time. Here's something from Bible Clues for the Clueless that I think would help...if you're tempted : Daniel 1; 1 Corinthians 10; James 1.
  • Yes, God will help us. I'm sure of it. It's just a matter of helping ourselves right? I'm so gonna stop blogging now.
  • Here's to an exciting 2005. Less temptation of any kind. More Vanilia. More spoons to grab. More family and friends time. More NG time. More time with God. [above everything else.] God Bless us all.
  • No comments: