Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Sunday, September 05, 2004

31...

  • Ohkay. I've been meaning to write about this since finding about it last Thursday night.
  • SisterJ's friend D was stabbed 31 times and died last Thursday afternoon. The suspect was her husband. He got away. Still at large. It was on the news. The news article title even went like "Massacre in QC..."
  • Now, crimes like those frequent the newspapers and the tv news programs. BUT when it happens to someone you actually know the impact is so much deeper. I mean, I get sad about the innocent people getting killed everyday but when it's someone you actually knew it's kinda hard to accept.
  • I'm pretty sure SisterJ is feeling MUCH MUCH worse. She spoke to D that lunch time before she got killed. When D called her during lunchtime of Thursday, she had to cut the call short because she was doing something in the office. SisterJ said she'd call D back. SisterJ didn't get to call her back 'til about 5pm-ish, the sad and painful news was told to her by D's brother. SisterJ went to the scene [D's house] of the crime as soon as she can. SisterJ finally told us the sad news around 9pm-ish. She was crying and still shaken up by what happened to her friend D. She asked to be fetched that night. She was scared. Because the day before D was killed, the husband called her and warned her that she should be careful and he knows that she lives near [insert name of a place here]. The guy doesn't like D communicating with her friends. Even female friends. Crazy thinking I know.
  • SisterJ and D saw each other the weekend prior to that day. They seldom get to see each other since she got married earlier this year because the husband didn't really want her to be with her friends. He's a jealous guy, SisterJ always tell us. SisterJ and her other friends told D from the beginning that the guy was bad news. But when you fall in love, you don't see what your friends are seeing wrong about the person you are dating right? And D did fall for the guy and vice versa. Though it went overboard for the guy. To make it worse, we learned that the guy even hit D. She was abused physically. She was a battered wife. Even when she was pregnant. D gave birth 2 months ago. I still can't understand how someone who claims to love someone can do such a thing. I mean, you love this person, how can you possibly end her life? Unless, the guy was on drugs or crazy or something else. Sheesh.
  • I went to the same highschool with D. My class was two years ahead of them. I remember her bubbly and carefree persona, always smiling, always saying hi. To both genders. Not a malice to it. If you don't know her you might think she's flirting. But that's how she was.
  • Anyhoo, the highschool we went to was an all-boys school in the beginning, they made it coed during the late 80s, in my class alone, we were only 19 females. Minimum of 3 girls in a classroom of almost 50 students. We were surrounded by guys and of course there were the gay guys. During our senior year, we had a presentation of the musical Grease, we needed some more girls in the play. [I didn't join in the play, I was working behind the scenes. I don't remember how I managed to not be a part of the play. BUT I did. Hah! Performing in front of people was never my thing. I only participated during my freshman year and the following years, I managed to work behind the scenes. Hah. Yeah, I actually did.] In short, we had D and some sophomores join in the play. I remember during practice, she'd always be smiling to everyone eventhough she'd feel a little shy. Her smile is hard to miss coz it's always there. Whenever she smiles, her eyes smiles too. Whoo. D was only 26. She left 3 kids behind. Her parents. Her siblings. Her relatives. Her friends.
  • Prayers for D, that she may have peace now with our God. May you rest in peace D. You'll definitely will be missed. Never will be forgotten. I also pray that the guy who's responsible come to his senses and surrender himself to the authorities. May God shed some light into him. He needs it the most.

  • No comments: