Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Friday, August 17, 2007

Me = Grateful...

  • It has been a rainy week, still raining as I type this entry. We have another storm in the country I believe. It rained all day yesterday too. Good thing, I didn't have a hard time getting home. Traffic was light.
  • Yesterday on my way to the LRT station from the South Port Zone, the jeepney I was in was held up by two guys with knives. When they declared the hold up and showed their knives and aimed it at a few people demanding for mobile phones [NOT money but phones], it seems surreal, I was unaware at first since I was on the innermost part of the jeepney [behind the driver], and one holdupper was saying: cellphone nyo, dali.... I was reaching for my phone since the guy beside me already gave his and for some reason, the holdupper didn't get to me. I guess, they were running out of time.
  • It happened so fast, must have been under 2 minutes. All I know is, at that time, the fear is really overwhelming. I just kept praying that they will not hurt anyone inside the jeepney. They didn't, thank God.
  • The lady across me, didn't budge though, she didn't do anything, she did look at the holduppers but she didn't reach for her bag to give them anything, she later said that her faith is so strong and she knew God was on our side. She said, we just have to be grateful we didn't get hurt. When I got off the jeepney, she said God Bless and I told her the same.
  • Once, at the LRT train station, I was still in a bit of a shock. I even went to the side of the train going to the opposite direction on where I was suppose to go. Good thing, I realized it while waiting for the train on the platform. Hee. I texted my friends just to release my fear and gratefulness that I was okay after that.
  • Back in 2003, I was held-up inside a tricycle going to the North Port Zone, my phone was taken with me a few 20 peso bills. I didn't have a lot of money at that time since I was just going there to get some documents from the dispatcher of our hired trucking service. Grateful that time too. That guy had a knife too, aimed at my side. Oh well.
  • I am grateful to God that he didn't allow those guys to hurt any of the passengers aboard that jeepney yesterday. Those phones that the holduppers got can be replaced but the fear and trauma will be with us for quite some time. Just have to keep thy faith stronger each given day. We can never be too careful. We try to be but there are really bad people in this world who doesn't care about anything else but themselves.
  • On a lighter note, it's a long weekend for me. No work on Monday. Another one of them many Holidays here in the Philippines. We are so spoiled in having a lot of non-working Holidays. All good, need all the bed time I can get.
  • May you have a good day/afternoon/evening. Keep the faith and God Bless.
  • No comments: