Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Monday, August 20, 2007

It Takes Two...

  • It's a Monday and I'm at home. Another one of them Holidays here in the Philippines. We are so spoiled in having numerous Holidays. Only in the Philippines as the saying goes. A friend mentioned that she heard that next Monday could be another Holiday too. She ain't sure but who knows. We all get Holidays for different reasons. I just feel for those people who work with no work, no pay deal.
  • I started saving beginning of the year. My savings for January and half of February, I used when NG was here, I took care of the pesos. He charged the rest to his card. I know my share wasn't as much as what he spent here but that's the least I could do to be fair in the situation right? He went home with his dollar bills still untouched. Which was good. Even if he insisted [one too many times] that he should have it exchange to peso, I didn't falter in that and I told him I had enough to cover whatever that may need to be taken care of in pesos. I still remember the look he gave me each time I tell him it's okay. Some guys just seem to be uncomfy whenever the girl gets to pays no? Not like I didn't let him pay right? Not just in cash. I just did what I thought was fair at that time.
  • I continued saving March to June. I was doing good then came July. Started with me spending on a concert ticket [for Switchfoot] then some other expenses, the usual toiletries and what not. When you have extra money, you suddenly have things to buy. Hee. My savings for July was history. Though, I didn't feel bad about it because I made Nadine and AJ happy when I took care of the shirts they wanted at Surplus Shop. Seeing them happy at that moment is just something money can't buy. Nadine chose the shirt she got. Funny gurl, 8 years old and she chooses what she'll wear already. Treat them for a Sbarro dinner. It's a good feeling to be able to make them happy in my own little way. I know it wasn't much but still, I know, I made them happy at that time. I told myself, I'd just scratched July off.
  • I'm saving for August. That hasn't been touched. Though, last Monday the 13th, I just felt like I needed something to cheer me up [being with EBC the night before helped a bunch though] had a not-so-good weekend with NG at that time and I haven't been getting much sleep. Felt pretty down if you ask me. PMS alert is what it was. Hee. Men will never understand it, that feeling every woman feels each time they have their period or when it's approaching. It's like nothing can't cheer you up. Hee. You're aware that you don't have a huge problem but the feeling of being down is there, for some reason. I can't explain it further it's just a feeling I get each month. I think, I've asked my friends about that and they feel the same too. Right gurls?
  • So, I asked permission from Uncle Boss that I'm taking Monday off, had to run an errand in the morning. Then I made my way to Trinoma with the thought of making myself somewhat cheery when I get home. I made a mental check list of the things that I needed [wanted] to buy. Pants, sneakers, shirt[s]. I looked around for shoes first but didn't really find something that I liked and when I did find something that I liked they didn't have it in my size.
  • In the process of me looking for things that I might like, I got to a shirt store called BSX. And I found this for SisterM because I know she just hearts Mr. Miller. There were no I heart Orlando or Leonardo shirts.

    And got this for SisterJ, I wanted the same shirt but again, none on my size, they run out and they're not sure when they'll have new stocks from HongKong.

    I looked around some more, there were nice vintage looking shirts at ARTWORK but again, the sizes were either small or big on me. Boohoo. The saleslady was insisting on me getting the bigger size, I told her no even if I liked the shirt that says GOOD MUSIC SAVES PEOPLE. She was really insistent on me getting other designs but I only liked that one. Then finally, I found this shirt from American Boulevard and once I knew they had one on my size, it was a done deal.
    I got this pants from BENCH, they have a huge store there in Trinoma. It was fun looking around. I should have taken pictures.

    And I liked this shoes and got it. Must be the color combination. Hee. It was on sale too btw. So, all in all, good deal right? I remember back in Elementary when my Tatay was working in Jersey, he used to send us PONY shoes.

  • Also, I got me a few undies, I don't know why I bought them, I know I have a lot as it is. Though not as much as NurseA has. Hee. I thought, it would cheer me up at that time. I kinda regret it because I could have bought shirts or what not instead. Whatever. I got some for NG too. He told me I didn't had to and he will pay me back for it, whether I like it or not. Hah. But he does like the idea of me buying him stuff. Though, he said, he'd pay for it, I'll just choose for him. We were suppose to go undies shopping the last day of his visit last February but he got a bit under the weather and was crabby cranky like that. Hee. Maybe, next time, definitely next time, I know my friends will know I'd enjoy that. I like men in undies. I'm stopping now before I say anything more.
  • Before I went home, I passed by a massage spa place near our area and had an hour body massage. Yes. That did good to my body. When I got home. I went straight to bed and zzzz. Been planning to have a massage for the longest time but didn't happen until last Monday. I want to have it again soon. Maybe, by the end of the month.
  • I sometimes forget that I'm not the only one feeling the sadness of being in a long-distance relationship, NG told me this on chat that Monday: Till then please forgive the cranky nights and what not, I get fussy cause of the space between just the same..., he also said, he just doesn't tell me because it will just make it even sadder. Sigh. I really don't recommend long-distance relationships. Just imagine how many families/relationships have broken up because one or both parties can't take not having someone near them. Sigh indeed. Just have to have faith yes?
  • That will be it for now. Have a fine week. God Bless.
  • 2 comments:

    manonica said...

    I'm more cranky than anything when I'm PMSing. When I snap at people more than usual, I know it's that time of the month. Hehe. I understand feeling blue JUST BECAUSE though. Irritate, yes?

    irene said...

    i'm staying away from TriNoMa as much as i can. my Folded & Hung Addiction is getting worse.