Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Watching TV is good for my soul...

  • I have had a draft post since January 9th, it's about the movies I've seen last year. I still haven't finished it. Just been spending lotsa time watching TV. I'm taking advantage while we still have the cable.
  • Been sleeping around 1am-ish watching the Australian Open [it started last Monday], I don't really have a bet since Mark Phillippoussis is on the injured list once again. I haven't seen a James Blake match yet, I'm not even sure if he's playing this tourney.
  • Also, been watching the talk shows: Dave Letterman @ 10pm, I only watch Leno when I like his guests, I don't like his monologues. The Ellen Show @ midnight, been a fan since her show Ellen back in the day, I remember catching it on SBN27 and I believe she's gonna be the Oscar's host this year? Goody.
  • American Idol started last night...I still get surprised on how some people seem to think that they can sing in a competition. I don't know. Is it just for ratings? Their 15 seconds of fame maybe? I'd still watch and follow the show though.
  • I watched the Golden Globes last Tuesday night, it was okay, saw some of my faves [Marky Walhberg, Zach Braff, McDreamy] they didn't win though, but I still love them. I'm VERY loyal. I loved that Dr. House aka Hugh Laurie won, he deserved it. Yay. Also, that Borat guy, hee, I saw the movie first week of January and I find it funny, not for all ages and I didn't get to understand some of what he said but still funny. And when he's not the Borat character, he's actually good looking. I liked America Ferrera's [Ugly Betty] speech moment [the audience were teary-eyed...that was nice...] and also, Jenn Hudson.
  • If you get to watch ET or The Insider on a daily basis, you'd get really tired of the stories or stars they feature, they can't seem to get enough of Brad and Angelina. Hmmm. Yes, I've seen their movie together but what is the big deal really. I don't get it. Hee. I did like their segments with Bindi Irwin. Enough about James Brown's widow too, his kid is cutey though. I know, it's just TV. Hee. I just channel surf when I don't like watching something anymore.
  • Chanced upon on Dateline last night, they featured a man whose been molesting young boys since the 70s [I think] until recently, he was convicted a few times, went to jail too, but always finds a way to get out on some technicality, he moves from one state to another, he kept a notebook of the names of his victims and the sexual act associated with them. Sicko. He should be castrated I say. One guy who's in his 30s now, was victimized when he was like 15, and he still is having nightmares about his bad experience. I still wonder as to why, when someone is the victim, they feel ashamed to come out and tell someone about it? Even if they didn't want or asked for that to happen to them. SIGH.
  • Anyhoo, other shows I watch on a regular basis since having our cable back are: ED, CSI [not Miami, I can't take Horacio seriously, the way he talks...hee...], Everybody Loves Raymond, Seinfeld, MAD TV [funnneeeee], My Life on the D List [Kathy Griffin]. I am a bit intrigued whenever I see the commercial for Desire: Table for Three, but I never get to watch it. Hee. I also watch NIP/TUCK, though I have the dibidis on the season they're showing on AXN, I still watch some of it when I am switching channels.
  • Okays, must get out of here and watch some TV...heee...have a fine day or night. God Bless.
  • 1 comment:

    Ada said...

    I missed the Golden Globes, aaaargh! And i was just in bed watching...sci-fi. Waaah!!!! A lot of replays on line and E! plays the Red Carpet over and over naman, but still, i can't believe i missed it.

    I cancelled my (well most) of my magazine subscriptions, but i subscribed to a new one, TV guide. Hee. Yes, TV is gooood!!!