Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Saturday, July 02, 2005

3rd of July...

Nadine before...


Nadine now...


SisterJ and my cousin Sam...


SisterM and Sam...

  • I started this post around 4am...it's now 5:28am and I'm still at it. It's a brand new month. Half of 2005 is officially over. WOW. That was fast.
  • How was the first half of 2005 treated you? I hope it's been ok. Mine has been good. The usual financial problems here and there but it was good in general.
  • I had to do a little tweaking on my blog template...changed the colorblocks for my faces. Heee. More of that in the future.
  • On a sad note, my cousin Sam [September 7, 1987 - June 29, 2005] passed away a few days ago. She was supposed to have a heart surgery. She was 17. She loved to draw and was actually good at it. She made paperdolls and paper/cardboard castles for Nadine. In return Nadine made her paper bags. Sigh. Sam grew up with us. She stayed with us 'til she was about 6 years old then she moved to the province. Three years ago, she came back here in Manila to have her heart checked and a possible operation. She stayed here at our house from time to time whenever her Mom needed to go back to the province. Sam didn't even make it to our Lola's funeral last year coz the doctors didn't think it would be safe for her. I remember she was so sad when we had to leave her behind for that. She spent lotsa time with our Lola growing up. At least, now they are together with our creator in heaven. That's a comfort to know. May you rest in peace Samantha. Oh well.
  • How do you deal when someone close to you die? I know that death is inevitable but we are never ready when it's time for someone we cared about. I've been praying about that time that I or my family be ready for that inevitable part of our lives.
  • Oh well. Life is short and sometimes sudden. That's why we have to be good to our neighbors and do good things to people in general. Luke 6:31 all the way.
  • Leaving you with today's prayer:
    Thank You Father, that the Lord Jesus Christ demonstrated how I am to live and serve. May You strengthen my heart in every good work and every good word, so that more and more I may honor You by the way I live.
  • Thanks for dropping by. God Bless us always. Keep the faith. May we all have a fine July.
  • No comments: