Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Sunday, October 19, 2003

Weekend...

I spent my Saturday in Megamall. Lunch at La Piadina [yummy Carbonara and chicken piadina] with friends [Pia, Pau, Annings, Tricia, Owi, RB, Rix, Eth, Noelle, Lorrie] from the SS mailing list. Bought a few CDs [FRIENDS soundtrack; Paula Cole's This Fire; Northern Exposure soundtrack; Soraya's On Nights Like This; Bush's Golden State] that were on sale [Php 150each CD...good buy if you ask me]. Met my sister at Powerbooks/Tower Records, Paolo Santos was there for an autograph signing, my sister and I didn't know he'd be there so she didn't get to bring her CD. Mr. Acoustic performed a few songs from his album and he's sporting a new blond do. Hmmm.

We saw a poster for a performance of the Akafellas, my sister and I decided to watch it and miss Gilmore Girls in the process. It was worth missing one of our favorite shows. The Akafellas are great performers. They sing acapella. Pop-capella like one fella said. They are really interesting to watch. You have to see them live to know what I mean.

Lite Switch [a new acoustic four man band] fronted their gig, they were ok, need more showmanship though. Highlight for me was when they performed George Michael's Faith. Superb rendition. I love acoustic performances. Yeah.

My Sunday was the usual: badminton with highschool [we'll have our 10th year "reunion party" on Saturday, I hope to see someone in particular, hope he comes, just wanna see how he'd changed 10 years after...] friends, lunch at a friend's house, took a much needed nap and went to church. My 4-year old cousin Nadine made me smile tonight. I love that kid. She's growing so fast. God bless all the children in the world.

No comments: