Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Saturday, October 04, 2003

Not Happening Again...

On the homefront: my brother is...I think doing something that is not good. His wife called our house last night. Told my Mom that my brother should stay with us for the meantime coz she can't handle him anymore. Darn. My brother is 26 years old. Not a kid anymore. He's a father to a two-year-old already for crying out loud. He knows what's wrong from right. Why does he keeps slipping? Years ago when we moved to another location, I thought he'd be clean. I thought taking him out of the place we used to live in would help him. But I was wrong, he again...met people [in our new location] who does the same thing as he did. Now, years after, I thought he was clean. I thought he learned his lesson. I thought he'd change. My trust in him is forever broken. There's always a doubt. I learned to be tough on him. I mean, whenever he'd borrow money, saying it's for his kid, I'd call my sister-in-law and asked if it's true. Most of the time, it's not. So, even if I have money, I don't give it to him. It's just so hard to accept it sometimes. I mean, he's my brother. I want good things to happen to him. I can't prevent/protect him from the world. Such crazy world we live in. I just want him to be free from this "situation" that he's in. I think, he's brain has been affected by what he's done before. I just pray to God that he'd help my brother get through this. Prayers.

*That's why I'd never touch a cigarette or drink alcohol. It's a start for other evil stuff to come in. I'm not saying it applies for everybody. It's just on me.

No comments: