Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Monday, September 10, 2007

Tennis and what not...

Roger Federer won his 12th Grand Slam title with his current win of the 2007 US Open Men. He won 3 of the 4 grand slams, he reached the final at the Rolland Garros [French Open/clay court] but lost it to Rafa Nadal [it was his 3rd consecutive win of the French]. On the recent finals of the US Open with Federer and Novak Djokovic, you just can't deny how good Federer is. He struggled a bit. Kinda off if I may say so but he still managed to win the match in straight sets. If Federer will have a good year in 2008, he'll be the number 1 all-time player with the most titles in history. It's still Pete Sampras with 14 titles. He only needs 3 more to surpass Pete Sampras. Can he do it? He surely can. Just have a matter of time, I guess.

Novak must be thinking: "I will get to kiss that cup someday...soon...it will be my turn..."

It was his first Grand slam finals and what a way to be his first up against the number 1 in the world yes? Their last match at the Monte Carlo ATP tour, Novak won vs Federer, surpassing Roddick and Nadal in reaching the finals to meet Federer. Those are heavy players he beat yes? I'm sure, we'll see more of Novak in the grand slam finals.

Gotta love this pic. Hee.



Tennis hotties...why are most tennis players good looking?...Hee...is that the reason why I watch tennis? I will never tell. Don't click the video if you're a guy, you will not appreciate it.


Watched the Switchfoot gig last night, I actually thought of missing the show since wasn't really up for staying out late but I'm glad I went. Turned out to be a good show. A good turnout of the gig, got me a nice shirt too, didn't see any posters on sale though. Salamin, the front act was LOUD man. The band is fronted by Gary V's son. They were REALLY loud. Hee. Not my type of music. Switchfoot can be loud too but it's bearable. Yay for Switchfoot, they gave 20% of the ticket sales to the IJM [International Justice Mission] Foundation here in Manila. It was a concert of a cause. Was glad to be part of that. Cameras were not allowed or so they say, I think 1 of 5 people have cameras with them. Hee. Bags were inspected but of course, with how small the cameras nowadays are, it can easily be hidden.

  • How's your week so far? Mine started slow. Got to play badminton for an hour with my cousins yesterday. It felt so good to be able to play again. It was last year when I last played. Wish could play more. Hoping on that.
  • Over the weekend, I watched the movie Freedom Writers, it's about an idealistic teacher, Erin Gruwell played by Hilary Swank changed the lives of her students. I got the dvd because Patrick Dempsey was in it. Hee. But as I watch the movie I forgot about Patrick. The movie was based on a true story. I like movies based on true events. It gives us hope and faith in people that good things do happen to good people. I recommend the movie.
  • Also, started with season two of My Name Is Earl, fun funny show. Love the dialogue and stuff. Of course, I'm a Jason Lee fan since Mallrats and even with his beard on the show, I still lovelike the guy. I was halfway thru the 7th season of CSI but I thought I would halt that for something light and funny. Enter My Name is Earl. Next will be HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER season 2. Whee.
  • Anyhoo, I should go back to bed, not feeling too good, so, I took the day off, it's a light day at work too, so, it's all good. Bound to be busy tomorrow me thinks.
  • Have a fine day/afternoon/evening. Thanks for the time again. God Bless.
  • No comments: