Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Under the Weather...

  • Hey there, it's early Monday here, 12:40am, I know I should be in bed but I've been resting all day so I'm awake. Have to be early later for work though, good luck to me. Hee. I still am a bit under the weather but the cough is almost gone [thank God!], had a headache last night and even threw up. I hate throwing up. The last time I threw up was back February. My first hangover. Hee. Not fun but now I know how it feels to have a so-called hangover. I was good at avoiding having one since I didn't drink for years until I met a few people who introduced me to Absolut. Hee. All good though, not like I turned into an alcoholic, far from it. It's good to know I can drink if I want to. Last time was back in February too. I don't like to drink by myself. No fun in that.

  • It's the Emmy's once again, not as excited as the years before but I know I'm still going to watch it when it airs in mid-September. Here are some nominees that I am looking forward to win...hope they win. Some of my favorites [Scrubs, Jason Lee, Zach Braff, Gilmore Girls, Lauren Graham are snubbed once again...oh well.]

    >> Outstanding Drama Series
    * Boston Legal
    * Grey's Anatomy
    * Heroes
    * House
    * The Sopranos
    [I don't watch The Sopranos and Boston Legal, I still have to start on Heroes, Grey's Anatomy has too much drama going on, I love HOUSE, 4 episodes more and I'm finished with Season3.]


    >> Outstanding Comedy Series
    * 30 Rock
    * Entourage
    * The Office
    * Two and a Half Men
    * Ugly Betty
    [I only got to watch the pilot of Ugly Betty, must get it on dvd soon, I liked it. 30 Rock is funny as well as Entourage.]


    >> Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
    * Denis Leary - Rescue Me
    * Hugh Laurie - House [yay for Doc Greg...]
    * James Gandolfini - The Sopranos
    * James Spader - Boston Legal
    * Kiefer Sutherland - 24


    >> Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
    * Edie Falco - The Sopranos
    * Kyra Sedgwick - The Closer
    * Mariska Hargitay - Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
    * Minnie Driver - The Riches
    * Patricia Arquette - Medium
    * Sally Field - Brothers & Sisters
    [I don't watch any of the shows in this category so I don't really have a bet. I was hoping Lauren Graham would be nominated and win for Gilmore Girls. Oh well.]

    >> Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
    * Alec Baldwin - 30 Rock
    * Charlie Sheen - Two and a Half Men
    * Ricky Gervais - Extras
    * Steve Carrell - The Office
    * Tony Shalhoub - Monk
    [Why is Zach Braff (Scrubs) or Jason Lee (My Name Is Earl) not nominated???]

    >> Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
    * America Ferrera - Ugly Betty
    * Felicity Huffman - Desperate Housewives
    * Julia Louis-Dreyfus - The New Adventures of Old Christine
    * Mary-Louise Parker - Weeds
    * Tina Fey - 30 Rock
    [Tina Fey or America Ferrera for me...]

    >> Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
    * Masi Oka - Heroes
    * Michael Emerson - Lost
    * Michael Imperioli - The Sopranos
    * T.R. Knight - Grey's Anatomy
    * Terry O'Quinn - Lost
    * William Shatner - Boston Legal
    [T.R. Knight or Masi Oka...]

    >> Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
    * Chandra Wilson - Grey's Anatomy
    * Katherine Heigl - Grey's Anatomy
    * Rachel Griffiths - Brothers & Sisters
    * Aida Turturro - The Sopranos
    * Lorraine Bracco - The Sopranos
    * Sandra Oh - Grey's Anatomy
    [The odds are in favor of the Grey's Anatomy women, hmmm...if I remember it right, Chandra won last year, so, could be her again or Heigl for me.]

    >> Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
    * Kevin Dillon - Entourage
    * Jeremy Piven - Entourage
    * Neil Patrick Harris - How I Met Your Mother
    * Rainn Wilson - The Office
    * Jon Cryer - Two and a Half Men
    [I just finished the first season of How I Met Your Mother and I have to say, Neil Patrick is a delight to watch. Tough competition but we never know.]


    >> Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
    * Jaime Pressly - My Name is Earl
    * Jenna Fischer - The Office
    * Holland Taylor - Two And A Half Men
    * Conchata Ferrell - Two And A Half Men
    * Vanessa Williams - Ugly Betty
    * Elizabeth Perkins - Weeds
    [Jaime Pressly should win me feels...didn't know she could be funny.]


    >> Outstanding Reality Program
    * Antiques Roadshow
    * The Dog Whisperer With Cesar Millan
    * Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
    * Kathy Griffin: My Life On The D-List
    * Penn & Teller: Bullshit!
    [Extreme Makeover come to the Philippines...hee. I love this show!!!]

    >> Outstanding Reality/Competition Program
    * The Amazing Race
    * American Idol
    * Dancing with the Stars
    * Project Runway
    * Top Chef
    [Still the Amazing Race, though, next year, the new reality show ON THE LOT might get a nod, me likey that show.]

    They were supposed to be here back in September 2005 but that didn't happen. Now, I think, it's going to happen. I hope so. I am gonna watch with a few people I met via the Stephen Speaks Yahoo group [which is not active anymore] some years back. NG was supposed to watch this band a few months back, he had his ticket but he overslept and didn't make it to the gig. It's for charity nonetheless, his $20 went to a good cause nonetheless. For more info about this gig you may go to switchfootmanila.blogspot.com. Any of my other friends interested to go?

    Elliott Yamin will have a series of mall tours in September as well, here's the sched from his Myspace:
    Sep 21 2007 8:00P Trinoma
    Sep 22 2007 8:00P Glorietta
    Sep 23 2007 8:00P Market! Market! Mall
    Sep 26 2007 8:00P Ayala Mall Cebu
    Sep 29 2007 8:00P Alabang Town Center
    Trinoma is near my area, I'm gonna make sure to go see the guy. Would be nice to hear him live.
  • Okays, that's about it for now, last full week of July 2007, WOW. Time really is amazing no? Here's wishing you a fine week ahead. God Bless.
  • 1 comment:

    manonica said...

    Wow. Elliott really IS coming to Manila. Let's see him at Trinoma!

    Hugh, Hugh bay-bee!