Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Monday, November 21, 2005

Sexier With Age...
  • PATRICK DEMPSEY
    One reviewer of Dempsey's 1987 teen comedy Can't Buy Me Love called the actor (left, that year) "as appealing as mulched lawn." "I haven't recovered from that," says Dempsey, 39. It must help to know he's TV's latest hot doctor, thanks to his ABC hit Grey's Anatomy. And he's getting rave reviews from one special fan: "One day my 3-year-old daughter (with wife Jill) said, 'You're very handsome, Poppy.' That was the best compliment ever."

  • MATTHEW FOX
    Fox (left, in the early '90s) first won hearts as Charlie Salinger on the family drama Party of Five. Now 39, he's making viewers swoon again as sensitive Dr. Jack Shepard on ABC's hit Lost. But this time, he's more comfortable with himself – and his celebrity. "I fought fame for a long time," he says. "I was very distrustful of people. I was isolating myself. I've grown up a bit."

  • JASON BATEMAN
    Bateman (left, in 1994) was a teen idol on the '80s shows Silver Spoons and The Hogan Family – and now, at 36, he's a Golden Globe winner for his role on FOX's quirky Arrested Development. "My fans all have teenage girls of their own now, so that's a little disconcerting," he says. "I don't have any crazy fan encounters anymore. They walk now instead of run, and they're very kind."

  • JERRY O'CONNELL
    Talk about all grown up: O'Connell, 31, has transformed himself from the chubby kid in 1986's Stand by Me to the boy-next-door in 1993's Calendar Girl (left) to the chiseled star of NBC's Crossing Jordan. "He has the most beautiful body I've ever seen!" says fiancée Rebecca Romijn.

  • NEIL PATRICK HARRIS
    Harris (left, in 1994) has come a long way since his dorky Doogie Howser, M.D days. As wannabe ladies' man Barney on CBS's How I Met Your Mother, Harris, 32, gets to show his comedy chops ("I have to tread the line between cool and jackass," he says) and sport Barney's trademark tailored look: "I'm a jeans and T-shirt guy for sure, but I like the suits. Today I wore Dolce & Gabbana. It's very exciting."

  • RICKY MARTIN
    He first shook his bon-bon as a member of Menudo (left, in 1988), and now Martin, 33, is rocking his spiritual side on his new album, Life. In the six years since his self-titled solo debut, he traveled, did philanthropic work and learned to appreciate the important things: "When I freak out," he tells PEOPLE, "I say to myself, 'Dude! Relax! Grab a paper and a pen and just write 10 things you are grateful for.' "

  • MRS. BEN AFFLECK
    Happy Birthday Ma'am...not as creative like last year but it's still from me. Heee. Hope you have a blessed day. I can picture your future Sam to look like you. Adorable. Just wanna let you know you've been an inspiration in my growing faith in Him. Will always be thankful for that. God Bless you always.
  • Leaving you with today's prayer:
    Lord Jesus, today help me to keep my eyes focused on You because You said that my temporary troubles are producing for me an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. May You use these trials to humble me and perfect my faith and produce in me the quality of endurance.
    [2 Corinthians 14:17-18; Deuteronomy 8:16-17]
  • I wanted to gripe about my recent phone problems with PLDT but will do that next time. Grrrrr. PLDT sucks. Big Time. If only I don't need it to get connected online, I'd prefer to not have a landline. Will save me money too. [I think I just griped there no? Heee.] Happy thoughts. MiG Ayesa thoughts. Heee.
  • Thanks again for visiting. Have a good one. Keep the faith. God Bless us always.
  • 1 comment:

    manonica said...

    Wow... to be categorized with Matthew and Jason and Neil and Patrick and Jerry... thank you Ate V! This means so much to me. Live from New York, it's Saturday Night! Hee.

    Seriously, SALAMAT KAIBIGAN. It's not me, it's Jesus who's our inspiration, yes? I love you. Mwa!