Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Friday, November 18, 2005

*Serendipity strikes again...

Since late 2004...my magazine buying has been almost nonexistent aside from a few that I find el cheapo. I used to buy back issues of JANE 'til about November 2004. I really don't read the articles. I just buy them for the pix. Heee. I like getting the special issues. Or if a favorite person is on the cover. My fave magazines are PEOPLE [Sexiest Men ish, Most Beautiful Ish, Hottest Bachelor Ish]; Entertainment Weekly [Photo Ish, Fall TV Guide, Movie Guide and the year-ender ish]; DETAILS [whenever a favorite guy is on the cover and if a friend's favorite guy is on the cover...either way, I will get it if the price is acceptable to me...heee.]; GQ [same reason with Details]; Vanity Fair [really goody pix...nice nice nice...also their special issues...gotta love them.] Here are some of the magazines that I found recently. I now have a rule in buying magazines, it has to be Php100 or less. I'm el cheapo like that. Actually, I've no more budget for them magazines. My MotherDear used to get on my case because I buy quite a lot years ago.

  • I'm happy I found this issue. First cover about LOST me thinks. SM North Edsa Grocery Section. [Php80]

  • Found this one while browsing thru the racks at Booksale Ever Kaloocan. [Php90]

  • Found this at Filbar's SM Megamall last Saturday. Tell me you will not be tempted to buy the magazine just for the guy on the cover. Those lips. Heee.[Php75]

  • I've never had the chance to watch an episode of Desperate Housewives though I've always liked Lois Lane aka Teri Hatcher. [Php50]

  • Bought this for Eeee. She loves the guy. Will give it to her as soon as. I'm not a fan of the guy but this cover is actually okay. [Php80]

  • Saw this last weekend at various SM City Magazine sections for Php200. I had to resist the temptation to buy it last weekend. Thank God I resisted because I found it for Php90 at Booksale Ever Kaloocan on my way home last night. Talk about a good buy. It was the ONLY copy. The magazine has a small tear on the lower right corner but I don't care. It's still Matthew Fox(y) as humminalicious as he can be wearing that purple shirt. Can I just quote Wayne & Garth as they say: SCHWING!!! It's a drop-my-undies-kinda-moment. Heee. Sawyer who? Heee.

  • Also, found this VF ish for Miss M. I was always on the lookout for this issue and last night, Serendipity finally found it for me at Booksale Ever Kaloocan.
  • Ohkay, that will be it for now. Will post the ones I'm on the lookout for next time. It's almost 4am and I actually have to go to work today. Just have to finish something. Hopefully, will be done around lunchtime.
  • Habba fine weekend. Keep the faith. God Bless.

  • [*Serendipity is my magazine fairy...heee...I think, I made her up back in 2002...I'm not sure anymore...but she's been good to me...]

    2 comments:

    manonica said...

    Thank you Serendipity! Thank you Ate Veeee! Thank you Amsterdam, goodnight!

    Can't wait to read my Jen VF and your Foxy Details on Wed. Yay!

    Aura said...

    Lost and Desperate Housewives, two of my favourite shows this season! :)