Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Monday, April 10, 2006

Short week...
  • Snatched this from Yam: Go to Wikipedia and look up your birthday (excluding the year). List three neat facts, two births and one death in your journal/blog, including the year.

    Facts
    600 - Pope Gregory I decreed that "God bless you" was the correct response to a sneeze.
    1945 - World War II: American forces land on Corregidor island in the Philippines.
    1978 - The first computer bulletin board system is created (CBBS in Chicago, Illinois).

    Births
    1951 - William Katt, American actor
    1959 - John McEnroe, American tennis player

    Death
    1898 - Thomas Bracken, New Zealand poet (b. 1843)

  • Tatay turned 60 yesterday. I turned 30 last February. He was my age when he had me. Hah. We had grilled tilapia, steamed red snapper, shrimp, pancit & tahong for lunch with Uncle Boss and family. BrotherDear and family didn't make it. Which my parents said, they won't call them again...SIGH...I don't know...I heard that before...one too many times...it's just too much...pride will not get them anywhere. But whenever my nephew is here, it seems like nothing happened. I don't like PRIDE...I don't have much of it. I just keep my mouth shut about things. It irritates me that my parents say my brother don't even call or what not...and it's not like they initiate contact as well...they ask me if my brother texted or called...why can't they just pick up the phone or text him for crying out loud. All of this venting I'm doing? I can never say it to my Nanay. I don't know. Maybe someday, I can tell her nicely, to stop the not-so-nice thing that they be doing. Sigh. We can't choose our family, that's a fact. And besides, no family is perfect anyways. My family ain't that bad...just a few realizations from my parents about money and I think, it'll be okay. I hope that will be achieved in time. All in God's time.
  • I'm on Season4 of ALIAS. The story line is really not working for me anymore but might as well finish what I have started no? Heee. The music is still groovy for me. I want to have most of the songs that has been played in the show. That would be cool. There's a website that have a list of the songs that has been played per episode me thinks, will have to look it up again. And besides, Julian Sark's [aka David Anders] still in some episodes. After ALIAS, I have the first season of NIP/TUCK, I'm thinking if I should get the other seasons that I've seen around. Hmmm. Only prob is, I don't have the extra cashola for now. Oh well. I'm still saving up to pay a debt. Must accomplish that before I buy unnecessary things.
  • Since I started watching my ALIAS dvds, I realized that I can NEVER be a spy. That is one thing I'm sure of. Can't imagine having two lives. Can't imagine lying to people, all of the time. Can't imagine that killing people is a must in order to defend yourself. Plus, I really don't like physical pain...the torture will kill me, I'd confess just like that. Heee. Spying is not something for me. Most definitely.
  • Work day #1 for this week is over...just two more days and it's a long weekend for me. Will just be staying home. More NG time. He's off this Friday too, a company holiday of sorts. I'm glad. He hasn't had a day off since his two weeks vacation here. He works 2 jobs. Weekdays [7:30am - 3:30pm]; Weekends [10am - 6pm]. And in between those times, we have our time for the mails and chats and sms and calls. If only I could give him one day of my weekend off. Oh well. We do what we gotta do yes?
  • Anyhoo, must go for now. My bed is calling me. Didn't get much sleep last night or earlier today. Must be the hot weather. Thanks again for visiting. May we all have a fine week.
  • Keep the faith. God Bless.
  • No comments: