Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Sunday, February 06, 2005

How To Deal ...

  • Last Thursday, my friend Eee's motherdear passed away. I received the news around 2PM. She called me via my mobile phone. I couldn't hardly make out what she was saying coz she was crying so much. I did get the part about her being in the funeral place and that her Mom passed away that morning. She said to relay the message to our others friends. All I could say was ... I'm sorry...
  • How can you console someone whose parent just passed away? I guess, the most effective way is to pray for that person. And just be there for that person.
  • Hospitals and Wakes are the two places that I don't particularly like going to. Though, I CAN go to those places BUT if I can avoid it. Then, I'd choose not to be there. But as years go by, some friends and families have spent time in the hospitals and in the funeral places. And I have been brave enough to be there. The only way I can show them that I am sympatizing with them.
  • In wakes, I just don't have to be near the coffin and I'm good. I don't look at dead people. For the reason that I want to remember them when they were still alive.
  • In hospitals, I don't like the smell and the feeling of helplessness that you can't do anything about your loved one when they are in pain. The time I knew that I don't like hospitals was back in 1995, when I saw my Aunt died. They tried to revive her, witnessing that ... was painful. She was only 32 at that time. She was my fave Aunt. Oh well. A few years back I spent hours in the hospital when my Tatay had his triple-heart bypass operation. That was one of the longest days of my life. Waited for about 9 hours or so. Don't want to have those kind of days again, if I can avoid it. I have been blessed that I haven't been hospitalized or anything. So blessed in that aspect of my life. I am always grateful to God about that.
  • It all boils down to faith in God really. Proverbs 3:5.
  • Have a fine week everyall. God Bless us all.
  • No comments: