Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Monday, May 17, 2004

To Fall or Try NOT to Fall...

  • It rained Monday. Thank you God. We needed that. I had to buy an umbrella on my way home. It's a big umbrella. And it's not those clickable ones.
  • I slipped and fell on our kitchen floor last Sunday noontime. Darn, my cousin put wax on the floor. Slippery floor. My left butt-cheek hurts. I tripped or fall [or try not to] quite often. But I REMEMBER the other times all too well.
    >>5th grade: was playing chinese garter with friends, my turn to do that thing that you do with the game, jumped and hit my head on the cement, again, I slipped on a yet another slippery floor, I don't like slippery floors;
    >>6th grade: riding a bike with a friend behind me, went too fast, turned a curve, didn't notice sand-trails on the street..bam. I bruised my arms and the side of my face;
    >>After highschool: on the LRT steps, tried to avoid a wet patch, miscalculated my step, and bam, you get the idea right? Good thing, there weren't a lot of people who witnessed that. Darn;
    >>2002: I was carrying Nadine [she was only 2 years old at that time] and a plastic container of Chicken-Pork Adobo on my right hand. We were on our way to their house [3 blocks away from our place] and I didn't see the street hump, I again, tripped, fell, and luckily Nadine didn't get hurt or anything, I skinned my knee [plus a patch of cloth torn from my jean shorts, I still remember that day whenever I see that hole in my jean shorts] and bruised my arm and the side of my upper lip. Ouch. Pork-Adobo went everywhere. Nadine cried. I was really THANKFUL that she didn't get hurt that day. I guess, I must have used my arms when I landed, she was underneath me, but I didn't fell on top of her. It's hard to explain. Scary moment for me. Nadine still remembers that incident whenever we pass that street-hump;
    >>Last month: Walking towards my workplace, I see the blindguy with his walking stick. I stood on the right and waited for him to get passed me. When I thought it was ok to go forward, I did, and my feet met his walking stick, I fell, hurt my knee and my leg. I think now, I have a bad knee. Nobody saw it, well, unless the blind guy could see. It was actually a funny scene coz when I told it to my sisters and cousins, they laughed, even Nadine laughed. I just got hurt in the process.
  • Found out last night, we'll be spending the weekend in Pagsanjan, Laguna over the weekend for my Tita's birthday. I haven't been in that boathouse for years now. Last time was back in the early 90s. I wanna go. I think I am going. I'm gonna miss doing the laundry. Not really. I'll probably have a head start on Wednesday or Thursday.
  • Work is busy this week.
  • No comments: