Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Saturday, May 15, 2004

This and That...

  • OHKAY, I've been out of blogger for awhile, they have a new layout. Coolness. Very nice. I like it very much.
  • Quite a number of stuff has happened since my last post. Here are some that comes to mind right now...
  • FRIENDS ended. [sigh] Saw the finale last Saturday with 3 of my friends. It was a bittersweet finale. I will surely miss my FRIENDS. 10 years. I still have to see the other 17 episodes of the current and last season. You can tell that I love the show with my layout alone right?
  • ETC [Entertainment Central] cable channel started airing when FRIENDS ended last last Friday [Thursday in the US] and what made it so good for me is that they showed The Tonight Show with Jay Leno with the FRIENDS gang. Awww.
  • One Tree Hill and The O.C. are added to my TV must-see shows.
  • Craig Sheffer is in One Tree Hill, he's in his early 40s now but I most remember him in the 80s movie Fire with Fire [with Virginia Madsen], it was a fave of mine back then. Also, Moira Kelly is in it too, I lovelike her as an actor. And the guy who plays Nathan is mighty fine too.
  • The 7th and final season of Buffy started two weeks ago. Yeah. I love that show as well. New season of The Practice starts next week.
  • The third [and way delayed] season of Six Feet Under will start this month too.
  • Of course, there's still American Idol, Scrubs, ED [replays for the longest time], Smallville, Oprah
  • It's a merry month of May for my TV viewing. I just have to make my TV schedule work. Thank God for replays on ETC and StarWorld.
  • Oh yeah, I voted last May 10. I went to the voting place quarter to noon. The right time to vote coz not a lot of people were there. It was just me and 2 other voters in my assigned precint [sp?]. Though, I must say they should be more strict with how the voting is done. First, I was asked for my name. I told them my name. They looked for it on their list. They found it. Gave me a ballot form. They made me put a right-thumbmark on it. Then I seated and listed my votes. I gave them my accomplished form. They folded then put it in the box. Then one lady put an indelible ink on my right index finger. That was it. They didn't asked for my identification or let me sign anything. It was my first time to vote. I find them very lax on how they go about the voting process. It's too easy for others to vote using other people's name. The country we live in.
  • Saw Van Helsing that day too. HUGH JACKMAN. He's one of the most good looking actors around. The movie was kinda gory at a few scenes. Kate Beckinsale's Romanian accent didn't work for me. I was surprised to see Will Kemp in the movie. First saw him on the GAP print ads that came out in 2002. He's also a British ballet dancer. Hummina Hummina. My favorite scene from the movie was when Van Helsing was dressed [or lack of it] like Tarzan. Loincloth and Hugh fit together. His wife is one lucky lady.
  • Ohkay, that's it for now. I'm off to Zzzzland.
  • Here's a quote I got from my Beliefnet Daily Inspirationals: The world is full of people looking for spectacular happiness while they snub contentment. - Doug Larson
  • No comments: