Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Saturday, September 20, 2003

Alone Time on a Saturday Night...

Left home around 6PM-ish to watch a movie from CINE EUROPA at Megamall. Went to my usual stops once I got there:

1st Stop @ Powerbooks/Tower Records - some new CDs I saw :
[JMayer's new CD is out...10 songs only...darn...I think, I will be patient this time and wait for the special edition CD]
[Vienna Teng's Waking Hour...this one I wanna have eventhough I have her songs in my MP3 collection already...good stuff...she's on my CDs-to-buy list]
[Maksim's Piano Player...this guy is good...saw a performance on MYX one time {even taped it} ...whoa...he is indeed a piano player...]

2nd Stop @ Filbar's - just browsed thru back issues of magazines, was looking for the JANE August ish. Not available yet.

3rd Stop @ BOOKSALE - found and bought DETAILS back issues, April and May 2003, Vin Diesel and Ewan McGregor on the covers, respectively.

4th Stop @ Department Store Stationery Dept. - to look for more back issues of EW, US, PEOPLE, JANE...didn't find anything that I particularly liked.

*** saw an ad for the September sked of live music at the MegaStrip...Acoustic Dream were scheduled to play that night. Chose live acoustic music for a foreign movie.***

5th Stop @ Sbarro - went in line for my baked ziti with white sauce and pizza dinner. cheese pizza wasn't available at that time. darn. settled for ziti and garlic bread. an almost-famous person was next in line...the R&B singer JayR [he's cute and he's very courteous. he speaks Filipino] and a guy friend. I got seated. Next thing I knew, JayR was asking if the seat next to mine was occopied, I was chewing my garlic bread so...I just nodded...he even asked "ok lang ba?" [hahaha!] I would have asked for his autograph if I had the guts but since I didn't...I finished my delicious ziti and made my way to the Megastrip.

6th Stop @ Dairy Queen - dessert is a must. yeah. had myself a large strawberry-oreo blizzard. it's the flavor of the month. I wanted to try a new flavor. It wasn't bad. I'll order my usual rocky road flavor next time.

7th Stop @ Seattle's Best - used their restroom. bought a bottled water.

8th Stop @ Megastrip tent thingy - got myself a seat. smokers on my left. female smokers. chain smokers at that. how can people smoke one after another is beyond me. second-hand smoke blowing in my direction. I transfered to a table where there were no occupants yet. free from second-hand smoke.

>>> I will vote for someone who could/would have a NON-SMOKING bill to ALL [and I mean, ALL] public establishments. Sorry to the smokers who are reading this one. Smoking causes heart and lung problems. My dad had a triple-heart bypass last March. Smoking was the big factor. After 5 months, my dad is back smoking...behind our backs...as if we don't know. He doesn't listen to our request for him to quit. Hard-headed man. My dad is. [SIGH!!!]

** Sean Paul's Get Busy was playing while as I write this entry...yeah, I love the guy...will post a picture of him soon.

No comments: