Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Botohan 2007...

  • It's Election Day today in the Philippines. It'll be my second time to vote. I actually don't have my 12 senators yet but I have a pretty good idea as to whom I'll vote for. I don't like politics. Politics is dirty most often than not. I pray about the people who are running for different positions, that they will indeed do something good for the people and not [first and foremost] to get the money back they used for their campaigning. But we all know most of them will get those back. I got a forwarded email with a breakdown on how much a senator gets in a month. Php35,000 is the salary based on the email but a senator gets a monthly FIXED budget of almost 2 Million Pesos. I think an elected senator's term is 3 years. Do the math as to how much they get for that period of time.
  • There's a going trend here in the Philippine politics, where tv/movie/sports personalities running for whatever position they decide on. Am I gonna vote for someone I see on tv/movies? Hmmm. I saw this one tv commercial of a senatoriable [is that a legit word?] where another famous actor whom he's had an issue with for a long time suddenly were shaking hands and what not and saying they patched things up for one common cause. That was like...OH YEAH!!! I wonder how much that other actor got for appearing in that commercial? As well as the other famous personalities who endorses other candidates. Ka-ching! Easy money no? I guess, the saying "it pays to be famous" works in times like this.
  • Politics is a popularity thingy here in the Philippines. I will not be surprised if the candidates who spent a lot on their tv/radio commercials and print ads will not win. Vote buying is another thing. Oh well. I'm just gonna pray for them. Since poverty is a big thing here, a lot of people will surely be tempted to sell their vote for 1000 pesos. That's money they can used to feed their family anyways. Oh well. Sad sad reality. I hope and pray that most of the people that I'm gonna vote for later today will do something good if ever they get elected.
  • I plan to vote early. There's one candidate running for councilor here in our area, he gave out ID type cards with the voters name and the precinct number where we have to go to. Clever no? Maybe, I'd vote for him, since he already did something useful for most people no? There's another councilor re-electionist who had street signs with his effing mug shot on every sign. WTF. Yes, it was his project but why must he have his face on it too? That was just odd to me is all. Oh well. He might win again. Who knows really. Jomari's ex-wife is a councilor re-electionist as well. She might win again too. She's famous after all. I am not aware of whatever she's done for our area though. I don't really follow this stuff.
  • One thing is for sure, if a candidate loses, he/she will say he/she got cheated on. If a candidate wins, most people think he/she won because he cheated.
  • Last Friday was a frustrating one for me at work. GRRRRRR to a few people at the Bureau of Customs. The nature of my job really gets to me at times. It's a lot to bear at times. It's like you're doing your best to finish your job as early as possible but there are times, some people just makes it impossible. GRRRRR indeed. I wanted to cry over it but why bother no? Hell is filled with people like them. It was a busy week, another busy week ahead of me this week though because of the election, I got an extra non-working day. Someone should move the voting day on a weekend. Some people are on a no work/no pay basis. If you love having legal Holidays and what not, you gotta love the Philippines for that. Hee.
  • On a lighter happier note, 29 months with NG since yesterday the 13th. Hah. When we talked over the phone, we were like, 29 months...I KNOW!!! Who would have thought no? SIGH. Not easy being in a long-distance relationship. We have good days. We have bad days. We just try to deal with it as best as we could. Faith.
  • Also, a belated Happy Mother's Day to you if you're a Mom.
  • Have a fine week ahead to you and to you too. Keep the faith. God Bless.
  • No comments: