Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Monday, January 16, 2006

I'm Still Here...
  • Heee...sometimes, I start writing something to post in here but discard it coz I don't feel like it. Hah! It's 3am-ish right now. I was in bed by 6pm-ish last night. Was awakened at around 12:30am-ish...stayed in bed and turned on the TV but there was no good show on...settled for the MYX Top10 song...out of boredom, decided to check mails and update a few blogs.
  • The past week has been quite busy...work...and what not. A few cousins, nieces and my Tita from Virginia are visiting. Spent some time with them over the weekend. It was nice seeing them again. The last time Ate Jean was here was over 25 years ago, I was barely 5 years old back then, I don't remember her much. It was nice seeing her again. She now has a twin 15-year old girls. [Jade & Jewel]. Ate Karen was last here back in 1999, while her daughter Tina visited for the first time some 13 years back. They are like the Gilmore Girls in the family. They don't look like mother-daughter. It's always nice to meet family and spend time with them. Will be spending some more time with them this weekend. They're in Boracay right now, getting their tans.
  • Speaking of family, BrotherDear hasn't been contacting us since December. I don't know what's up with that. They didn't come for Christmas and New Year's. No replies to texts and what not. I don't know. I'm a bit disappointed with him coz a cousin told me something that he did a few months back. Oh well. I pray for him always. He's old enough and I hope he knows what he's doing. I can only do so much for him. It's really more hurtful knowing that a family member is doing something not so nice no?
  • On a lighter note, a good friend's surgery turned out okay...continued prayers that there will be no complications. I saw a picture of the cyst that they took out of her and you get to wonder...it could happen to anyone. It could happen to me. It is scary but you just have to have faith in HIM. My friend has been through a lot but I'm sure her faith in God will see her through and beyond.
  • Here's something from Each Day, A New Beginning [Daily Meditations for Women], I found it at Booksale for less than 100 pesos.
      Life is full of danger and risks and challenges. We can choose to meet them fearfully or in a spirit of welcome. To choose fear, to say, "I won't take that risk because I might lose," is to prevent ourselves from ever winning. If we welcome the danger, the risk, or the challenge, we acknowledge that life is made up of losses as well as victories, of gains as well as pain.
  • 13 months with NG last Friday the 13th...hmmm...that's something right? Praying about it. Always.
  • Okay, I'm gonna go back to bed...work in a matter of hours, a light day I think. Hoping for a light day, at least. Heee.
  • Prayer for today:
      Father, I celebrate the fact that I have been crucified with Christ, and that now I am alive with His life...that through my new birth I died out of my old life, and that You resurrected me to a living relationship with You...and so I am dead to sin and alive to You! [Galatians 2:20; 6:14]
  • Thanks again for visiting. Keep the faith. God Bless us always.
  • 1 comment:

    manonica said...

    Sorry to hear about brotherdear. Hay. What you said about feeling helpless towards a troubled sibling... I KNOW! Irritate na wawa naman. Could we BE more torn? Sigh.