Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Sunday, July 06, 2008

I heart this game...

This was their 3rd Wimbledon finals. Rafael Nadal was so close in winning it last year but Roger Federer won it in 5 sets.

It was one of the best matches [I thought their 5-set match last year was the best but this was even better...what's better than best? hee] I've watched. With a few rain delays, the match turned into another 5-setter, Nadal comfortably won the first two sets at 6-4, 6-4. I thought he was gonna win it in 3 sets. A rain delay interrupted the third set, it was close, none of them breaking a serve, until it reached on a 3rd set tie-break. Federer won it. Then came the 4th set, another close game, no one was dropping their serves, another tie-breaker, Rafa had a few chances of winning the match but again, it went to Federer's favor. As the fifth set begins, it was the same thing all over again, no one was breaking and no one was dropping their serves. A rain delay occurred, good thing it was only a short one. In Wimbledon, there's no tie-break on the fifth set, could have worked for Rafa's favor since he can't seem to win a set in tie-breaks with Federer. Rafa finally broke Federer's serve to get an 8-7 lead and he served for the match and ended it at 9-7. WOW. It was really an awesome match. I can only imagine how the people who were actually there felt. Someday somehow, I hope to be able to witness a live Wimbledon match. It might not be between Rafa and Federer but still, I know, I would love that. Will they meet again for a 4th consecutive Wimbledon finals next year? We just have to wait and see.
  • I was supposed to go out today but the tennis match kept me right here at home. Oh well. I'll just go out and buy a card tomorrow. 2 weeks of following the Wimbledon was all worth it, the men's finals was phenomenal. I now have a new favorite female player in Zheng Jie. Until next year's Wimbledon.
  • Have a good week ahead of you. Keep the faith. God Bless.
  • No comments: