Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Family, Friends and NG...

Three years with NG today. Who would have thought? Not me. But I'm not complaining. Well, except for the distance of course, that's a bitch. 23000++ emails between us since 12.13.2004. Don't have the time to count the hours of chat but we chat every weekend, 3-4 hours max, you do the math. We sms chat via Yahoo [him on YM, me on my mobile phone] every day. Weekend phone calls just to hear each other's voices. We never got around to online voice chats for some reason. Hee. We've been in contact every day except for one weekend in February 2005 when NG went out of town with his HS buddies. It's a long distance relationship alright.

Communicating in ways that we can. We first met February 2006, spent 2 weeks together. Then back to the long distance thing again. Met again in February of this year, for another two weeks. It's not enough but that's the only time we can get for now. Just waiting for another two weeks or more, in time. Though, I know, will see NG again last week of February or first week of March 2008, whether or not I get a VISA thingy. That's not far no? December is halfway through.

Another two weeks in 2008 or more...we'll find out. For now, we're just waiting and we're just taking it one day at a time. We have plans but they are only that for now until we get to be in the same timezone and start on making those plans happen.

I don't recommend long distance relationships but unless it happens to you in a way that you never thought it would, I think, that's something to consider. BUT I don't recommend finding a long distance relationship. It's not easy. There are times that you feel you just want to give up already but you want to be with that person so much and so bad and you just have to not think of giving up.

Life is not a fairytale even if I was stuck in that mindset in my early 20s. But you can have a real life fairytale if you want to. As long as you have family or friends or someone who loves you for who you are, you're set, though there are times, when you all have three and I'm grateful that I have those in my real life fairytale. I'm blessed. I know it. I just have to realize it more and more and more until I fully believe that I deserve all of this.

To my family, I know my sisters are reading this, I appreciate having you in my life, I may not say it as often as I should but you know it right?

To my friends, I know some of you read this, your friendships are important to me, I don't care if I only have a handful [though in my case, I have more than a handful of really good friends], it's not about the number of friends you have but the quality of friendships you have with people who you'll want to be in your life for life. Hee.

To NG, if you're reading this, I know you sometimes do, 3 years and you say lots more right? I just might take you up for that. Keeping my end of the deal. Thank you for you know what. Hee.

I am Vikkicar and I am blessed.

No comments: