Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Sunday, February 01, 2009

February 2009...




The Australian Open [the first Grand Slam tennis tourney of the year] just ended. Rafa Nadal got the trophy vs Roger Federer in a 5-set match. I love watching tennis, it's the one sport that I follow. Someday, I'd be able to witness a grand slam tourney, I'm not picky as to which one, but the US Open is more likely to happen since I am already in the country. Though, I really want to be in Wimbledon. Someday. Somehow.


NG's co-worker gave us a Crock Pot last December, I tried it over the weekend. Cooked some ribs on it. Turned out really tender to the point that they were separating from the bone. I love it. Tender meat is goody. I know I'll be using this appliance a lot. Whee.


NG and I got to try the Wii last week. We tried boxing. I let him win. Hee. Though, he'll say he beat me. I know better. [wink wink]


  • Missy Higgins is coming to town next month. NG already got us tickets for her show. Howie Day will be in town too. Whee. Been a fan since Collide came out. I'll just hope NG is off that night for his show.
  • NG and I have been following Confessions of a Teen Idol on VH1 mainly because of Jamie Walters but as week goes by, I've realized, with or without Jamie, that show is actually a good reality tv show. One show that is not good but we watch it anyway is, Tool Academy. It's like a guilty pleasure. Hee. That show makes us laugh.
  • American Idol is on once again. NG gives me crap about watching the show but we both know we'll be watching that show if he's home in time for that. Hah. LOST latest season started too, I have to watch the 3 episodes on ABC.com, must see Sawyer. How I missed him.
  • It's a brand new month. Whew. Where did January go? In a few weeks I'll turn a year older [and a year wiser...hee] How time flies, indeed. Just praying my work permit will come this month. Here's wishing you a mighty fine February. God Bless.
  • 1 comment:

    irene said...

    oh how i miss anticipating US tv shows, i rarely watch tv na rin kasi...

    reality show Survivor starts new season soon, yay! maybe i'd try follwing it again. :)