Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Sunday, March 28, 2004

StuckeyBowl no more...


While browsing through Stuckeyville yesterday, I found out that ED has already ended after four seasons. Sigh. So, in honor of Edward Jeremy Stevens [Tom Cavanagh] here are some of his memorable quotes taken from Stuckeyville.com:

"If you do a bad thing for a good reason, does that bad thing become a good thing? Or is it still a bad thing? And if so, how can it possibly be good to do it?"

"Giving should never hurt. You should just give until it feels good."
- urging Stuckeyvillians to give what they can

If you're not born with broad shoulders and a strong jaw, there's only one way to get the girl ... you make an complete ass of yourself."

"Without the world of possibility, what do we have left?"
- in court, defending Stuckeyville Stan

"Oh Carol, I know about your attraction to me ... let's just stop torturing ourselves, and let's start doin' it already!"
-to Carol, in gymnasium

"Didn't you wish for a deep, long, soulful kiss from Edward J. Stevens?"
- to Carol, at her birthday party

"I'm sorry."
-when Carol Vessey tells Ed she's sick of him apologizing all the time

"I say even if we marry other people, we still get together every week just to do it."
- to Carol, as they talk about their relationship

"You've obviously never experienced the boyishly convincing smile of Edward J. Stevens."
- on how to charm the town council

"The kiss that made a man move back home and buy a bowling alley ... "
- reminiscing with Carol about his first nights back in town

"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
- to Mike regarding his relationship with Carol after the almost kiss

"I'm kind, considerate, punctual. I have excellent hygiene."
- on his qualifications as a boyfriend

"Bear my children."
- to an ecstatic Carol, when he offers to take Sonja's case

"You and I are just left with night after night of empty, physical pleasure."
- when Carol mentions Molly and Jim's "relationship thing"

"At what point does a person stop deserving chances?"
- when Carol and Moly push him to give Lloyd a chance

"If it's meant to be, you gotta do everything in your power not to let it slip away."
- giving advice to Warren

"That moment was one of the greatest moments of my life and I have nothing to show for it."
- on being Carol's knight in shining armor

"That was a movie kiss, a movie kiss my friend! I was Humphrey Bogart and Cary Grant rolled up into one."
- describing his moment with Carol

"Carol, in my opinion, you and I have only one problem and that problem is you're in love with me but you're too afraid to admit it to yourself."
- trying to work out their differences

"On some level, Carol and I will always love each other."
- on their relationship

"Everywhere I went, I saw us ... I love you. I love every part of you."
- choosing Carol

"I might not always agree with you, but I will always be with you and I'm sorry it took me so long to figure that out."
- talking to Carol about their relationship

"I'm not desperate, Eli; I guess you could say I'm in love."
- explaining to Eli why he's following Carol to NY

  • This ED petition ad was intended for the February 20th issue of Variety Magazine.
  • I wish I saw this SAVE ED banner much much earlier.
  • No comments: