Do to others as you would have them do to you. [Luke 6:31]
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. [Proverbs 3:5]
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. [Hebrews 11:1]

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Typhoon Milenyo...












  • Last Thursday, around lunchtime, typhoon Milenyo hit Manila, classes were suspended the night before, work was suspended Thursday morning though I was unaware about the suspension. I left for work at around 9am-ish, passed by two banks. Took the LRT, it stopped at Blumentritt station, thank God, we were at the station when it stopped. It was around 10am-ish, and the wind was getting strong by the minute, electricity is on and off. Took a jeepney ride from Blumentritt to South Harbor, normally, it would take me about 30 minutes to get there but this time, took about 15 minutes. Then when I got to the Customs Offices in the Manila area, it was closed. Hah. I texted UncleBoss about it, my father and him were at the North Harbor at that time. I just waited for them to come and get me, then we made our way home. It was scary seeing traffic lights shaking, trees swaying, people's umbrellas being swept by the strong winds of Milenyo. I was glad to be on my way home. When I got home at around 1pm, the power was out. The power came back 6pm the next day. Work was suspended again on Friday because there were no electricity in most area of Manila. Prayers for those families who've lost their loved ones during the storm.


  • Took some pix Thursday night to amuse myself...

    This one with no flash...

    I played the FRIENDS Trivia Game by myself...heee...

    not as fun...but it kept me amuse...I just tried to answer as many trivia questions as possible...I need to brush up on my FRIENDS knowledge...


  • It's the last day of September...in a matter of minutes a brand new month will begin...I pray it be a better one for all of us. September2006 hasn't been that good for me but thinking about it now, I'm safe and sound after the storm...I am blessed, my loved ones are blessed. God sees the bigger picture in all of what's happening to us. Just gotta keep the faith yes? SIGH. I know, easier said than done...MUST keep thy faith. God Bless US always.
  • No comments: